Debut Vinfast unveils more vehicles at CES

TT97

Well Known
ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2021
Los Angeles
'18 Model 3 LR
'21 VW ID.4 AWD
Reservations are open for the VF8 (fka VF e35) & VF9 (fka VF e36).

TT97

Well Known
ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2021
Los Angeles
'18 Model 3 LR
'21 VW ID.4 AWD
I just realized their prices ($41k for VF8 & $56k for VF9) does not include batteries.

*The starting price is applicable for the ECO version of the vehicle and do not include battery subscription, Sales tax, ADAS and Smart Services packages.

The pricing doesn't look as promising if you have to add a battery subscription and have concerns how it will affect the ability to sell the car (feels like trying to sell a house that has leased solar panels on the roof). Renault did a similar tactic in Europe with the Zoe but you did have the option to buy the battery as well. It made sense 9 years ago when the Zoe went on sale as people were very concerned about longevity of batteries but doesn't make sense anymore.

If VinFast does only offer battery subscriptions; I would only entertain a lease on the vehicle and would not purchase one.

SuperLucky88

Well Known
Oct 12, 2021
Doesn't come with a battery? Did any manufacturer sell ICE cars without a motor? No, that is the dumbest thing I've heard. They will never succeed with that model

talkingevs

Administrator
STAFF MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2021
Las Vegas
18' Model 3 LR
21' Model 3 SR+
Battery swapping is actually very big overseas. If it will catch on in the US is another question.

TalkingEVs - Electric Vehicle Community

We are an independent electric vehicle enthusiast community for all brands and models. Join the discussion today for FREE!

JOIN COMMUNITY

ADD SITE/CLUB

ADD BUSINESS

ADVERTISE

Latest posts

Gooda Blogs Website Family

ADVERTISEMENT