General New Volvo EV SUV will drive itself on highway

TT97

Well Known
ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2021
Los Angeles
'18 Model 3 LR
'21 VW ID.4 AWD
Volvo only owns 50% of Polestar (granted, the other 50% is Geely which is the majority owner of Volvo). Volvo has announced they are going fully electric by 2030 so if they move everything to Polestar, they would not have much to sell.

Volvo has operated fairly autonomously from Geely. With Geely making Volvo a public company; I believe Geely's goal is to mostly divest themselves of Volvo but holding on to Polestar for non-Chinese markets.

talkingevs

Administrator
STAFF MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2021
Las Vegas
18' Model 3 LR
21' Model 3 SR+
Volvo only owns 50% of Polestar (granted, the other 50% is Geely which is the majority owner of Volvo). Volvo has announced they are going fully electric by 2030 so if they move everything to Polestar, they would not have much to sell.

Volvo has operated fairly autonomously from Geely. With Geely making Volvo a public company; I believe Geely's goal is to mostly divest themselves of Volvo but holding on to Polestar for non-Chinese markets.
Oh, I was under the assumption Volvo owned Polestar. Does Greely really want 2 EV companies though?

TT97

Well Known
ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2021
Los Angeles
'18 Model 3 LR
'21 VW ID.4 AWD
Oh, I was under the assumption Volvo owned Polestar. Does Greely really want 2 EV companies though?

They have more than 2. Geely also owns Geometry, Zeekr, London EV Company, as well part owner of Smart. Assumption is eventually all their other brands will become pure EV as well (most notably Lotus).

TalkingEVs - Electric Vehicle Community

We are an independent electric vehicle enthusiast community for all brands and models. Join the discussion today for FREE!

JOIN COMMUNITY

ADD SITE/CLUB

ADD BUSINESS

ADVERTISE

Latest posts

Gooda Blogs Website Family

ADVERTISEMENT