General Is Canoo showing anything in the 2022 round of car shows or CES?

MikeQBF

Getting Started
Jan 11, 2022
Downtown Flyover
Ford Th!nk
The base model of the personal van has that Microbus vibe, so we're interested. The "Adventure" configuration is questionable -- last thing you want on an EV is to mess with the aerodynamics, and that roof rack is going to cut range by 10-15% on the highway.

talkingevs

Administrator
STAFF MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2021
Las Vegas
18' Model 3 LR
21' Model 3 SR+
I agree with the range reduction part of your statements but I think if it can do 250mi range, you'd probably get about 200 miles. As long as you aren't going far into a very rural area, you should be fine. We are keeping an eye on it for a possible camper van sort of thing. Its either this or the Rivian so far, which the Rivian is double the price.

TT97

Well Known
ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2021
Los Angeles
'18 Model 3 LR
'21 VW ID.4 AWD
I saw the Canoo at the L.A. Auto Show in November. The car looks really nice in person. Their exhibit was attracting a lot of interest.

They are targeting late 2022 for launch but they were not clear when deliveries would start. I have a deposit for one (although I do have deposits on several vehicles). Leaning towards the Premium, I have the same concern about the Adventure line but am assuming the light bar/roof rack can be removed when not needed. Also curious if the seating is configurable; the "rear lounge seating" is nice but not ideal if need trunk space.

20211117_232336405_iOS.jpg

20211117_232313258_iOS.jpg

MikeQBF

Getting Started
Jan 11, 2022
Downtown Flyover
Ford Th!nk
... As long as you aren't going far into a very rural area...

Like we do? We're not mountain-topping or anything like that, but our cabin is almost off-grid. Fortunately it's within the confines of a developed RV park, so lots of 50A plug-ins for Level 2 charging when we get there. There's just very little civilization 'tween home and there.

Truth is we would need an EPA-rated 350 miles to make our trip comfortably, but we've already scoped out the charging possibilities on the route, with two DCFC stations, one free. At least it currently is.

MikeQBF

Getting Started
Jan 11, 2022
Downtown Flyover
Ford Th!nk
BTW, thanks for the pix. I should put in a rez for the base model. We don't need camping features, just a utility vehicle with good stowage between home and the cabin.

Since you saw it firsthand, how hard is Canoo pushing driver-assist tech or a video-gamish dashboard? That's my main gripe with what VW is doing.

TT97

Well Known
ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2021
Los Angeles
'18 Model 3 LR
'21 VW ID.4 AWD
The Driver Assistance is basic level 2 - auto cruise control; lane keeping. It doesn't seem they are trying to push the envelope on it. The infotainment/dashboard is very-bare bones; their idea is that you bring your own - very old school.

MikeQBF

Getting Started
Jan 11, 2022
Downtown Flyover
Ford Th!nk
Excellent! Thanks! I hope the LKA is configurable or has a persistent disable feature. Everything I've experienced or heard of experiences is it doesn't work well on secondary roads and you have to fight with it. We're all about shun-piking.

talkingevs

Administrator
STAFF MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2021
Las Vegas
18' Model 3 LR
21' Model 3 SR+
I saw the Canoo at the L.A. Auto Show in November. The car looks really nice in person. Their exhibit was attracting a lot of interest.

They are targeting late 2022 for launch but they were not clear when deliveries would start. I have a deposit for one (although I do have deposits on several vehicles). Leaning towards the Premium, I have the same concern about the Adventure line but am assuming the light bar/roof rack can be removed when not needed. Also curious if the seating is configurable; the "rear lounge seating" is nice but not ideal if need trunk space.

View attachment 151
View attachment 152
Haha, you have orders in for every new EV. How will you ever pick which to move forward with?

TT97

Well Known
ELITE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2021
Los Angeles
'18 Model 3 LR
'21 VW ID.4 AWD
Haha, you have orders in for every new EV. How will you ever pick which to move forward with?

I need a spreadsheet to keep track of all the pre-orders. I did cancel the Kia & Hyundai reservations. The ID.4 is a 3-yr lease so at this point, any new reservations becoming available will likely be available when the lease is up in 2024.

Still focused on Rivian (especially since that deposit is more than all the other ones combined).

TalkingEVs - Electric Vehicle Community

We are an independent electric vehicle enthusiast community for all brands and models. Join the discussion today for FREE!

JOIN COMMUNITY

ADD SITE/CLUB

ADD BUSINESS

ADVERTISE

Latest posts

Gooda Blogs Website Family

ADVERTISEMENT