News & Rumors E-Transit In Production

MikeQBF

Getting Started
Jan 11, 2022
Downtown Flyover
Ford Th!nk
It's sort of old news, but I haven't seen it posted on this forum, so:

This is using the mechanicals developed for the F-150 Lightning.

I have one of these in ICE and love it. I'd love it better as an EV but for one problem: 120 mile range. Sounds like a great local delivery van, but for civilian use the limited range isn't going to cut the mustard. It does, however, offer a glimpse of the future from a Big Three carmaker.

I check into a Transit forum from time to time, so if anything of interest pops up over there I'll pass it on.

talkingevs

Administrator
STAFF MEMBER
ELITE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2021
Las Vegas
18' Model 3 LR
21' Model 3 SR+
It's sort of old news, but I haven't seen it posted on this forum, so:

This is using the mechanicals developed for the F-150 Lightning.

I have one of these in ICE and love it. I'd love it better as an EV but for one problem: 120 mile range. Sounds like a great local delivery van, but for civilian use the limited range isn't going to cut the mustard. It does, however, offer a glimpse of the future from a Big Three carmaker.

I check into a Transit forum from time to time, so if anything of interest pops up over there I'll pass it on.
120 mile range definitely isnt going to cut it. Most commercial vans and trucks need to be above 180mi+ in my opinion. You figure most delivery companies go all over town in some metro areas and probably travel upwards of that. You'd hate to have to go back and charge to finish your route.

TalkingEVs - Electric Vehicle Community

We are an independent electric vehicle enthusiast community for all brands and models. Join the discussion today for FREE!

JOIN COMMUNITY

ADD SITE/CLUB

ADD BUSINESS

ADVERTISE

Latest posts

Gooda Blogs Website Family

ADVERTISEMENT